Pam speaks about her best-selling, award-winning “extreme sports” adventure books, which are particularly popular with boys. They’re riveting; so is their author as a speaker. What else would you expect of a journalist, editor and award-winning speaker who has also been an outdoor guide? Even boys are impressed that she has kayaked the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. She speaks to more than 15,000 children per year across North America.
Her lively one-hour presentation for grades 4-9 includes:
- Short readings
- Tales of her own adventures
- Humorous anecdotes of how she researches her material
- The patience & persistence it takes to achieve success
- Special encouragement to boys
- The importance of rewriting & accepting criticism
- Tips on writing & getting published
- Extreme-sports video clips
Her fee: $425 in the U.S. or Canada except in Vancouver ($325) and British Columbia outside the Vancouver Lower Mainland ($375). Includes all expenses. No maximum audience size.
For Literacy Organizations, PTAs, PACs, Public Libraries, etc.
One-hour presentation, including Q and A time, on Jump-Starting Boys: Help Your Reluctant Learner Find Success in School and Life. Contact Pam for more information.
For Teacher/Librarian Conferences
Conference organizers looking for information about Pam Withers’ talks for teachers and librarians please contact her!
For Writing Workshops and Presentations
Pam is in demand at writers’ conferences, and in schools for her presentations and workshops on writing.
- Award-winning author of 19 best-selling teen books
- Co-author of Jump-Starting Boys: Help Your Reluctant Learner Find Success in School and Life
- Former journalist & national magazine editor
- Long-time book editor and writing coach
- Award-winning public speaker
She criss-crosses North America continually, so book her when she’s in your area and pay no travel expenses! Contact Pam for more information.