Pam speaks about her best-selling, award-winning “extreme sports” adventure books, which are particularly popular with boys. They’re riveting; so is their author as a speaker. What else would you expect of a journalist, editor and award-winning speaker who has also been an outdoor guide? Even boys are impressed that she has kayaked the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. She speaks to more than 15,000 children per year across North America.
Her lively one-hour presentation for grades 4-9 includes:
- Short readings
- Tales of her own adventures
- Humorous anecdotes of how she researches her material
- The patience & persistence it takes to achieve success
- Special encouragement to boys
- The importance of rewriting & accepting criticism
- Tips on writing & getting published
- Extreme-sports video clips
Her fee: $425 in the U.S. or Canada except in Vancouver ($325) and British Columbia outside the Vancouver Lower Mainland ($375). Includes all expenses. No maximum audience size, but a slight price increase for groups over 300.
- “really enjoyed the talk”
The kids really enjoyed the talk. All nine copies of Raging River have been checked out and are on hold.
For Literacy Organizations, PTAs, PACs, Public Libraries, etc.
Free one-hour presentation, including Q and A time, on Jump-Starting Boys: Help Your Reluctant Learner Find Success in School and Life.
Flyer for Free Adult Presentation in PDF format
For Teacher/Librarian Conferences
Conference organizers looking for information
about Pam Withers’ talks for teachers and librarians please contact
For Writing Workshops and Presentations
Pam is in demand at writers’ conferences, and in schools for her presentations and workshops on writing. Contact Chris Patrick at 1-866-413-9216 or his email.
- Award-winning author of 17 best-selling teen books
- Co-author of two critically acclaimed books for adults
- Former journalist & national magazine editor
- Long-time book editor and writing coach
- Award-winning public speaker
- Popular author-in-residence
She criss-crosses North America continually, so book her when she’s in your area and pay no travel expenses!
Contact booking agent Chris Patrick: